[FFmpeg-trac] #25(avfilter:new): "Access violation reading location 0x00000000" using yadif/libavfilter on MSVC++

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Apr 4 11:58:07 CEST 2011

#25: "Access violation reading location 0x00000000" using yadif/libavfilter on
MSVC++
--------------------+-----------------------
Reporter:  fpretto  |       Owner:  michael
    Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Blocking:           |  Reproduced:  0
Analyzed:  0        |
--------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by fpretto):

 Replying to [comment:9 cehoyos]:
 > So am I correct that this is not a FFmpeg problem or do I misunderstand?

 I guess it's a memory alignment related problem as other fixed in
 ffmpeg in the past (optimized SSE code is expecting to find data
 aligned in the memory, but maybe yadif/libavfilter don't take
 safeguards to enforce this), but can't confirm this because I don't
 have the required assembly expertise. I realize that this problem is
 hard to debug if the devs don't have the platform that triggers the
 problem, but please don't mark this as "not our problem" until you are
 really sure.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/25#comment:10>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>