[FFmpeg-trac] #325(avfilter:new): Aspect Ratio of input Video required to e.g. automatically add correct letterbox/pillarbox when rescaling video

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jul 4 13:47:58 CEST 2011

#325: Aspect Ratio of input Video required to e.g. automatically add correct
letterbox/pillarbox when rescaling video
------------------------+-----------------------
Reporter:  Pae8uuW5     |       Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Blocking:               |  Reproduced:  0
Analyzed:  1            |
------------------------+-----------------------
Changes (by saste):

 * analyzed:  0 => 1

Comment:

 Hi,

 I committed a variant of your patches in:
 {{{
 commit 0bf02fb1ea57962b97fb3ffc7c827d4b12e439f3
 Author: Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it>
 Date:   Sat Jul 2 17:31:18 2011 +0200

     vf_pad: add support for a "sar" variable

     Also add a "dar" alias for "a", for avoiding confusion with sar/dar.

 commit 01151a26c03c5df85509150d393e039f574d005f
 Author: Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it>
 Date:   Sat Jul 2 17:27:31 2011 +0200

     vf_scale: add a "sar" variable

     Also create a "dar" alias for the "a" variable, for avoiding possible
     confusion between dar/sar.
 }}}

 And I'm planning to do the same to the crop filter.
 Please test and report if it works fine for you. Also state if you want
 this change to be included in 0.7/0.8, and I'll see what I can do for it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/325#comment:1>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>