[FFmpeg-trac] #302(avcodec:open): no padding bugs detection conflicts with mpeg4 stream which contains resync_markers

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Jun 28 17:34:24 CEST 2011

#302: no padding bugs detection conflicts with mpeg4 stream which contains
resync_markers
-----------------------+----------------------
Reporter:  anatoly     |       Owner:
    Type:  defect      |      Status:  open
Blocking:              |  Reproduced:  1
Analyzed:  0           |
-----------------------+----------------------

Comment (by anatoly):

 Replying to [comment:2 cehoyos]:
 > Decoded stream looks very broken, works fine with mplayer -vc
 ffodivxvdpau

 It's not very broken. Deep analysis of stream has shown that there is just
 a garbage between previous frame's end and next frame's start_code. Thus
 last slice of frame doesn't finished by start_code or resync_marker.
 I think that this situation is just a kind of padding bug which is not
 covered by current implementation.
 Besides, I can't understand why we can't just skip garbage bytes at the
 end of frame?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/302#comment:3>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>