[FFmpeg-trac] #25(avfilter:new): "Access violation reading location 0x00000000" using yadif/libavfilter on MSVC++

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Mar 28 14:13:10 CEST 2011

#25: "Access violation reading location 0x00000000" using yadif/libavfilter on
MSVC++
--------------------+-----------------------
Reporter:  fpretto  |       Owner:  michael
    Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Blocking:           |  Reproduced:  0
Analyzed:  0        |
--------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by fpretto):

 Because of the raicy nature of the problem (it triggers almost always, but
 sometimes it works), and threading seems not involved (I just use blocking
 functions), I have suspects it's a stack alignment problem (citing
 [http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1806#p1806 here],
 "ffmpeg.exe (compiled with gcc) aligns main() to 16 bytes and the whole
 library maintains alignment. Code compiled with MSVC++ only aligns to 4
 bytes. The library maintains the alignment, but doesn't realign to 16
 bytes"). I'd like to test it with gcc but I don't have a build env ready
 to compile latest ffmpeg and all its dependencies. If you don't have any
 other hint I'll probably try to install a gentoo in a VM, compile ffmpeg
 and test there.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/25#comment:3>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>