[FFmpeg-trac] #211(avformat:closed): Function static int64_t nut_read_timestamp(AVFormatContext *s, int stream_index, int64_t *pos_arg, int64_t pos_limit) haven't got return operator after assert(0)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu May 19 08:33:50 CEST 2011

#211: Function static int64_t nut_read_timestamp(AVFormatContext *s, int
stream_index, int64_t *pos_arg, int64_t pos_limit) haven't got return
operator after assert(0)
-------------------+-----------------------
Reporter:  Alex    |       Owner:  michael
    Type:  defect  |      Status:  closed
Blocking:          |  Reproduced:  0
Analyzed:  1       |
-------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by Alex):

 Your explanation is absolutly clearly bu there are two issues:
 1) assert(0) works only for debug build. In the release the function
 returns some garbage without any diagnostic messages.

 2)When I tried to build ffmpeg I cought the next compiler error:

 external/ffmpeg/libavformat/nutdec.c: In function 'nut_read_timestamp':
 external/ffmpeg/libavformat/nutdec.c:855: error: control reaches end of
 non-void function''

 Hint: I built ffmpeg for Android so some differences in build environment
 are present

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/211#comment:2>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>