[FFmpeg-trac] #1339(avfilter:new): Auto insert fps filter as adapter for overlay filter inputs with different framerates

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Aug 9 18:05:47 CEST 2012

#1339: Auto insert fps filter as adapter for overlay filter inputs with different
framerates
             Reporter:  annorax      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by rogerdpack):

 I can (apparently) confirm that if the "overlay" is 30 fps and you use -r
 30 for the output, it doesn't show all of the overlay frames (it basically
 has a "master slave" relationship, with the master--the under frame--
 controlling frequency of output frames.  However I suppose one could get
 around this by (as the OP said) determining the frame rate, and
 increasing/decreasing it first before applying the filter, so the current
 behavior might be all right.  Either that or insert an fps filter
 automatically, as mentioned, but I'd almost prefer the current way (more
 explicit)...

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1339#comment:10>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>