[FFmpeg-trac] #1108(avutil:new): Always using "default" memory handling from mem.c against own implementation of memory allocator and deallocator.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Mar 20 15:01:14 CET 2012

#1108: Always using "default" memory handling from mem.c against own
implementation of memory allocator and deallocator.
               Reporter:  mato       |                  Owner:  michael
                   Type:  defect     |                 Status:  new
                Version:  0.10       |               Keywords:  memory,
             Blocked By:             |  AVDictionary, alloc, free
Reproduced by developer:  0          |               Blocking:
                                     |  Analyzed by developer:  0
 In library avutil function av_free is used and other functions from mem.c.
 If I have my own memory handling functions, in libavutil always default is
 used instated of mine. I had situation when for allocation my function was
 used, however for freeing - default av_free was used from file dict.c from
 libavutil library. It can lead to crashes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1108>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>