[FFmpeg-trac] #1302(undetermined:new): FFMPEG build N-40517-ga548671 fails to convert DVR-MS, old build N-40020-g9849515 succeeds

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri May 11 16:14:34 CEST 2012

#1302: FFMPEG build N-40517-ga548671 fails to convert DVR-MS, old build
N-40020-g9849515 succeeds
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
 This is a ticket in response to another ticket when you asked me why I
 don't upgrade to the latest version.
 Also I've marked this important because this is a regression bug.

 Any build after  N-40020-g9849515 is failing to create MPEG2 TS files in
 some cases.

 N-40020-g9849515 is able to convert it perfectly withouy any issues
 however N-40517-ga548671 fails to convert.

 COMMAND:

 {{{
 ffmpeg -async 1 -i "LastManStanding.dvr-ms" -vcodec mpeg2video -sameq
 -acodec ac3 -ab 256k -copyts -copytb -1 -f mpegts test.ts
 }}}

 It keep repeating this until it eventually fails.

 {{{
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] concealing 1320 DC, 1320 AC, 1320 MV errors
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] slice below image (30 >= 30)
 Error while decoding stream #0:2
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] concealing 1320 DC, 1320 AC, 1320 MV errors
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] slice below image (30 >= 30)
 Error while decoding stream #0:2
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] concealing 1320 DC, 1320 AC, 1320 MV errors
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] slice below image (30 >= 30)
 Error while decoding stream #0:2
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] concealing 1320 DC, 1320 AC, 1320 MV errors
 [mpeg2video @ 0309ba40] slice below image (30 >= 30)
 Error while decoding stream #0:2
 }}}

 HOWEVER with build N-40020-g9849515 I don't get this message and the
 conversion suceeds.

 I've cut the file using a binary cutter down from the original of 3.3GB to
 about the first 20MB.
 The file will show you the error, however this 20MB piece will succeed
 while the original 3.3GB file will fail somewhere in between after
 throwing this error for about 15-20 minutes.

 http://www.mediafire.com/?otfl87rgwr38br2

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1302>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>