[FFmpeg-trac] #1881(avformat:open): in24 Little Endian PCM audio (pcm_s24le) in mov decoded incorrectly as Big Endian (pcm_s24be)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Nov 5 12:09:49 CET 2012

#1881: in24 Little Endian PCM audio (pcm_s24le) in mov decoded incorrectly as Big
Endian (pcm_s24be)
             Reporter:  irius         |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect        |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:                |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0             |

Comment (by irius):

 Replying to [comment:10 cehoyos]:
 > Replying to [comment:8 irius]:
 > > I attached a screenshot of dumpster.exe where you can see an unknown
 data field with the hex-value "0x656e6461" ('enda' in ASCII).

 > The relevant information is in the following 16 bit ("0001"), but don't
 you agree it is interesting that Dumpster also fails to recognize the file
 as QuickTime-compatible (which it isn't, it fails at least with QuickTime
 7.7.2)?

 Thanks!. I believed that the reason Dumpster didn't recognize this atom
 was that it is outdated, and Apple introduced this atom quite "recently",
 so it doesn't know how to decode newer structs.

 Making it clear that I am a total newbie in "MOV" and QuickTime, what do
 you mean by "QuickTime compatible"? I can play the file on my Quicktime
 7.7.2 (1680.56) (Windows 7). I reviewed the patches, and as far as I can
 understand (which is not too far indeed) it has to do with Matrox branding
 the file as "JUNK" which causes ffmpeg to not treat it as a regular QT mov
 file, and as a side effect the "enda" atom is not processed. Is it so?

 Anyway, it's quite impressive that in a couple of days there are already 2
 possible fixes to this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1881#comment:11>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>