[FFmpeg-trac] #1642(avformat:closed): -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated playlists

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Sep 11 17:30:28 CEST 2012

#1642: -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated
playlists
             Reporter:  kelexel      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  1            |

Comment (by kelexel):

 @arut: I have a quick and dirty fix for this.
 ffmpeg generates 4x HLS streams for me: $name_240p, $name_360p,
 $name_480p, $name_720p
 What I do is in the script I use to launch ffmpeg, I first fork in bg a
 tiny sleeping function.
 Said function waits like 25secs, than looks for .ts segments for at least
 1 of these playlists. If found, it generates a multi-bitrate playlist as
 $name.m3u8 which i than link to iOS clients.
 Meaning iOS clients seeing the $name.m3u8 will always have access to
 existing playlists/segments..

 On a side note, can someone please test the above patch and playback on
 iOS ? More precisely audio playback ? I am trying to troubleshoot
 something on my end..
 Thanks !

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1642#comment:28>