[FFmpeg-trac] #2212(undetermined:open): Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 2: 1372390 >= 1372390 av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Apr 2 21:00:48 CEST 2013

#2212: Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in
stream 2: 1372390 >= 1372390 av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument
             Reporter:  julian       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
  mov_text                           |  Reproduced by developer:  1
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by julian):

 i have an program specifically for easily converting MKVs to MP4s that
 uses ffmpeg to do the conversion.
 of course i want the program to succeed for every possible input file,
 failing to copy some subtitles if they are problematic would be OK,
 completely failing to convert some files would not be OK.

 >a working command line in
 >$ ffmpeg -fix_sub_duration -i 1.mkv -acodec copy -vcodec copy -scodec
 mov_text -t 00:22:52 out.mp4

 this one relies on specific knowledge about the problem before
 conversion...

 >$ ffmpeg -fix_sub_duration -i 1.mkv -codec copy -map 0 out.mkv
 >$ ffmpeg -fix_sub_duration -i out.mkv -scodec mov_text -acodec copy
 -vcodec copy out.mp4

 this is a multipass solution and would be just as cumbersome to implement
 in my app as just detecting this type of failure and re-doing transcoding
 without the subtitles.

 i'd be interested to add a flag
 -fallback_to_not_converting_subtitles_on_problems that would allow ffmpeg
 to succeed converting every input file and just drop the subtitles if
 there are problems. this would reduce cumbersome and error prone logic in
 my app to handle this problem. i just don't know where to start ;)

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2212#comment:20>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>