[FFmpeg-trac] #2873(avformat:open): ffmpeg concat demuxer fails: mpeg files with different audio and video stream order

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Aug 21 02:23:14 CEST 2013

#2873: ffmpeg concat demuxer fails: mpeg files with different audio and video
stream order
             Reporter:  kadmandux    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by kadmandux):

 I did some testing and the stream_id doesn't seem a good candidate to sort
 the streams in a consistent way.

 I think that there should be selected a more robust method for sorting
 streams.

 In the short time, I'm going to try your suggestion: use a different
 container format, like MKV, to use as input to the join step. Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2873#comment:5>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>