[FFmpeg-trac] #2231(undetermined:closed): Remuxing some H264 WTV file to TS files generates no audio and excessive clipping messages

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Feb 4 02:58:11 CET 2013

#2231: Remuxing some H264 WTV file to TS files generates no audio and excessive
clipping messages
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:4 cehoyos]:
 > Replying to [comment:3 ramitbhalla]:
 > > the original video plays fine on WMP, so if I'm copying the audio it
 should play right?

 > Why do you think so?

 To elaborate a bit in case this is unclear:
 I hope you agree that this command cannot produce an output file that
 plays with WMP:
 $ ffmpeg -i latm_input -acodec copy -vn out.mkv
 because WMP does not support matroska files

 So assuming that WMP does not support latm in mpeg-ts (this may be wrong,
 but it fails for a random sample I tried and for FFmpeg-produced files as
 you tested, so it is at least possible that it is unsupported), why should
 the following command produce a non-silent file for WMP?
 $ ffmpeg -i latm_input -acodec copy -vn out.ts

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2231#comment:5>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>