[FFmpeg-trac] #2213(undetermined:closed): subtitle crash: malloc: *** error [...] incorrect checksum for freed object [...] Abort trap: 6

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Feb 6 10:40:57 CET 2013

#2213: subtitle crash: malloc: *** error [...] incorrect checksum for freed object
[...] Abort trap: 6
             Reporter:  julian       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
  SIGSEGV ass mov_text               |               Blocked By:
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by cehoyos):

 I believe it is acceptable (and expected) that the conversion from ass to
 mov_text will damage some and drop other subtitles and that the resulting
 file does not show all effects that the original ass track encoded. Not
 acceptable imo is ffmpeg producing unusable output files without any
 warning. With -fix_sub_duration, the resulting file is watchable (with
 subtitles). I am neither claiming this is expected behaviour, nor that it
 works perfectly but it is nonetheless currently needed to produce a useful
 output file.
 I'd like to keep the file so it is possible to test once the re-encoding
 without -fix_sub_duration is possible.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2213#comment:8>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>