[FFmpeg-trac] #2099(avformat:new): FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though format supports it

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jan 2 19:18:17 CET 2013

#2099: FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though
format supports it
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  JohnGalt     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:4 JohnGalt]:
 > Sorry, don't have and can't find a track with these in it.

 I really wonder if this ticket makes any sense without samples.
 (Note that it is possible and even likely that no samples exist because no
 application supports it. In that case it is probably much better that
 FFmpeg does not write such files.)

 > However here's the spec doc that says that m4v supports them:
 >
 > [http://www.mp4ra.org/codecs.html]

 Where does it say that TrueHD is supported?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2099#comment:6>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>