[FFmpeg-trac] #2099(avformat:closed): FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though format supports it

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jan 3 20:33:10 CET 2013

#2099: FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though
format supports it
             Reporter:  JohnGalt     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by JohnGalt):

 I don't have quicktime to test if they play. I don't really care if they
 do. They do play on my ipad as long as there is an ac3 or aac track before
 the DTS Master Audio Track. (which I have tested)

 Windows 8 has a bug that I've reported that causes it to choose the
 bitstream audio track always even if the computer won't support it)
 instead of the proper audio track, no matter which order you encode the
 tracks in.

 My google TV will direct play the file created and play the ac3 5.1 track
 only if it's first even if the device isn't hooked up to a bitstream
 receiver (hdmi). It will bitstream the DTS Master track properly in every
 case when plugged into HDMI.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2099#comment:35>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>