[FFmpeg-trac] #2212(undetermined:open): Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 2: 1372390 >= 1372390 av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jan 31 19:59:03 CET 2013

#2212: Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in
stream 2: 1372390 >= 1372390 av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument
             Reporter:  julian       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
  mov_text                           |  Reproduced by developer:  1
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by julian):

 >Clément and I are working on removing the merging of ASS packet
 altogether

 any ETA?

 >I do not think there is an automatic solution for the problem of
 converting overlapping subtitles into non-overlapping

 i think the important thing here is that conversion never fails completely
 like it does now. if the resulting subtitles may be incorrect because the
 conversion can only happen "lossy", thats just something to accept.

 so -fix_sub_duration is useful for MKV to MP4 after all?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2212#comment:14>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>