[FFmpeg-trac] #2737(FFplay:new): There are discontinuous phenomenon in playing HLS stream when changing another bitrate stream

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jul 1 03:13:17 CEST 2013

#2737: There are discontinuous phenomenon in playing HLS stream when changing
another bitrate stream
             Reporter:               |                     Type:
  felixyang_tw                       |  enhancement
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Dear all:
    I use ffplay to play the hls stream (*.m3u8). It can play normally.
 However, as I try change the another bitrate stream by pressing 'a' (it
 will call stream_cycle_channel(cur_stream, AVMEDIA_TYPE_AUDIO)) or
 pressing 'a' (it will call stream_cycle_channel(cur_stream,
 AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO)). There is discontinusous phenomenon people can
 perceive. Is there any method to change stream smoothly?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2737>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>