[FFmpeg-trac] #2782(avformat:open): aac - Malformed AAC bitstream - incorrectly fixed with -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc' option

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Jul 14 12:54:05 CEST 2013

#2782: aac - Malformed AAC bitstream - incorrectly fixed with -bsf:a
aac_adtstoasc' option
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  feelart     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [ticket:2782 feelart]:
 > However, one sees that the fix is incorrect
 > {{{
 > F:\Youtube Extract\Music>aacgain -a -k aliceFF_bsf.mp4
 > aliceFF_bsf.mp4
 > Error: invalid file format aliceFF_bsf.mp4, code=15
 > aliceFF_bsf.mp4 is not a valid mp4/m4a file.
 > }}}

 Sorry, I originally missed this part of your ticket.
 I tested the output of {{{ffmpeg -i Alice.aac -acodec copy -bsf
 aac_adtstoasc out.mov}}} with the following applications:
 WMP, QT, faad, totem, firefox (more than half of them certainly do not
 depend on FFmpeg)
 All of them play the output file fine. Are you sure this is no problem
 with aacgain that you should report at their bugtracker?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2782#comment:3>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>