[FFmpeg-trac] #2067(avfilter:open): Support subtitles in libavfilter so seek is honored for subtitles filters (like hardsubbing)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Mar 26 03:45:45 CET 2013

#2067: Support subtitles in libavfilter so seek is honored for subtitles filters
(like hardsubbing)
             Reporter:  nikov        |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by Ricky1252):

 Replying to [comment:3 Cigaes]:
 > I do not think this is absolutely necessary here: if you know how
 subtitles and seeking work, reading the title of the ticket is enough to
 guess what and why, the only problem in reproducing it is finding files
 layound around on one's hard drive.

 > The hard part is to devise a clean way of fixing the problem.
 >
 > Other temporary workarounds: {{{-ss}}} as output option (slower before
 the start of encoding), or {{{-copyts}}} to keep the timestamps (but it
 will require {{{setpts}}} to reset the timestamps afterwards, or it will
 show in the output file).

 Can you give an example of how to use setpts? I keep using this option but
 it doesnt seem to change the output in anyway no matter what I do...
 example -

 ffmpeg -ss 60 -i abc.mkv -copyts -vf setpts=PTS-60T -vf ass=abc1.ass -y
 abc.mp4

 iv tried a few of the examples on the guide here [http://ffmpeg.org
 /ffmpeg-filters.html#setpts] its as if the filter is just being neglected
 all together nothing changes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2067#comment:8>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>