[FFmpeg-trac] #2560(undetermined:new): Xcode 4.6.2 (Apple clang 425.0.28) breaks tests (4.6.1 -> clang 425.0.27 was ok)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat May 11 17:06:52 CEST 2013

#2560: Xcode 4.6.2 (Apple clang 425.0.28) breaks tests (4.6.1 -> clang 425.0.27
was ok)
             Reporter:  nieder       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by nieder):

 (Mostly) False alarm.

 The Xcode update is not the cause, it just happened right before the
 failures started and I figured it would be the most likely cause.  Found
 the problem thanks to your md5/md5sum hint.

 dpkg was updated on this machine at around the same time, and the newer
 dpkg we are using in Fink no longer carries md5sum. Because md5sum is
 still used for some things, we have a wrapper replacing it, but it uses
 /sbin/md5 behind the scenes.  If I modify ffmpeg/tests/md5.sh to search
 for /sbin/md5 first, then the tests pass.  Clearly the wrapper is not 100%
 equivalent to the binary md5sum (our maintainer has been informed).

 So if anything, maybe the search order logic in md5.sh might need to be
 modified, but otherwise this isn't really a bug in FFmpeg.  Sorry about
 the noise.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2560#comment:2>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>