[FFmpeg-trac] #3014(swscale:new): sws_scale() renders a frame buffer invalid for memory freeing in a specific situation

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Nov 3 23:29:44 CET 2013

#3014: sws_scale() renders a frame buffer invalid for memory freeing in a specific
situation
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  cyril       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by gjdfgh):

 >Nevertheless, it's quite confusing as AVPicture isn't marked as
 deprecated.

 I have no idea. I think AVPicture used to be defined as "can alias
 AVFrame", but now this use will severely. Welcome to FFmpeg.

 AVPicture standalone is still used in some other places, like subtitle
 decoding, though.

 >By the way, what should be the value for the align parameter of
 av_frame_get_buffer()? 32 for 32-bit OS and 64 for 64-bit OS? Or something
 else?

 Nobody knows, not even the developers. Most code seems to use 32.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/3014#comment:7>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>