[FFmpeg-trac] #3020(FFmpeg:open): FFmpeg should do framerate convert before scaling if (and only if) that is expected to be faster

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Oct 2 15:19:11 CEST 2013

#3020: FFmpeg should do framerate convert before scaling if (and only if) that is
expected to be faster
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  kaifu.tang   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  1            |
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by kaifu.tang):

 Replying to [comment:5 michael]:
 > jpeg does not support yuv420, it uses yuvj420 which needs colorspace
 convertion that msmpeg4 does not need.
 > and scaling is done before framerate handling currently.
 > You can force it to be done the other way around with -vf fps=0.2,scale

 Thank you! michael.
 I try testing it with your advice. This issue is resolved when frame rate
 set be low. The colorspace conversion or scaling will be performance issue
 if frame rate is unchange. Is it right?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/3020#comment:7>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>