[FFmpeg-trac] #2828(avformat:new): HLS segment MPEGTS continuity counter is being incorrectly set to 0 on each segment

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Oct 16 14:33:46 CEST 2013

#2828: HLS segment MPEGTS continuity counter is being incorrectly set to 0 on each
segment
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  dlevinson5   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by jaanusk):

 Replying to [comment:12 dicroce]:
 > I have extracted your changes from your original mpegtsenc.c... Once I
 did that it was pretty straightforward to move the counters into
 AVFormatContext, which appears to have totally fixed the problem. I'd
 offer up the patch files, but something tells me the community might not
 be too thrilled by 3 new members for AVFormatContext just to support
 mpegts files.

 > On the other hand, if ff_get_continuity_counter() and
 ff_set_continuity_counter() actually existed, that might be a cleaner
 solution for everyone...

 Care to share your patch?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2828#comment:13>