[FFmpeg-trac] #3064(undetermined:new): Audio drafting out of sync on Samsung TV with ffmpeg created MP4 or MKV file

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Oct 23 15:05:01 CEST 2013

#3064: Audio drafting out of sync on Samsung TV with ffmpeg created MP4 or MKV
file
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by ramitbhalla):

 No it's a good point you brought up. I am using a cookie cutter template
 that can apply to a broad range of videos (since this is part of MCEBuddy
 development), there is no way to tell if the end user has any particular
 video, so just going by statistical majority, most users had interlaced
 videos plus (importantly) the effects of applying a yadif filter to
 telecined video is not as bad as not applying to a interlaced video.
 So you see where I'm coming from, but I completely get your point, if idet
 can help determine (need to see at the expense of what?, right now it
 takes a LONG TIME to run a full video detection) whether it's worth
 running the idet filter vs the results produced.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/3064#comment:27>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>