[FFmpeg-trac] #2782(avformat:closed): aac - Malformed AAC bitstream - incorrectly fixed with -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc' option

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Sep 3 13:17:43 CEST 2013

#2782: aac - Malformed AAC bitstream - incorrectly fixed with -bsf:a
aac_adtstoasc' option
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
             Reporter:  feelart     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 I remember having spent some time with closely related issues before you
 opened this ticket and re-reading the ticket, it appears I have done quite
 extensive testing with the sample you provided.

 As explained, it appears to me that:
 * FFmpeg refuses to mux files that cannot be played with certain third
 party application (and prints an appropriate message)
 * If the right bitstream filter was selected, FFmpeg produces an output
 file that plays with the mentioned applications (WMP, QT etc.)
 * If the input file was badly edited (does not end at a frame boundary),
 FFmpeg prints a warning but succeeds muxing.

 There absolutely ''may'' be an issue, but I was unable to reproduce it
 (using the command lines you provided).

 If you believe there is an issue, please explain how it can be reproduced
 but if the explanation is just "WMP and QT play the file but aacgain
 fails" than I honestly wonder why you think the bug is in FFmpeg.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2782#comment:16>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>