[FFmpeg-trac] #2936(avformat:open): %-syntax for GIF output is not respected, can't write individual frames as images

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Sep 3 17:28:56 CEST 2013

#2936: %-syntax for GIF output is not respected, can't write individual frames as
images
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  slhck       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  1           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by slhck):

 Replying to [comment:3 Cigaes]:
 > Replying to [comment:2 slhck]:
 > > No, because this creates JPEG images under a .gif extension.
 >
 > You are right, I missed that. And adding {{{-c gif}}} does not fix it.
 It seems that the works on animated GIF has completely broken support for
 GIF as individual images.

 What do you think would be the proper resolution here?

 The only good option, in my opinion, would be to allow `image2` to output
 individual GIFs again, with the proper codec – just like it auto-selects
 JPEG and PNG properly. The functionality for writing a non-animated GIF is
 there anyway.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2936#comment:4>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>