[FFmpeg-trac] #2936(avformat:open): %-syntax for GIF output is not respected, can't write individual frames as images

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Sep 3 21:34:50 CEST 2013

#2936: %-syntax for GIF output is not respected, can't write individual frames as
images
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  slhck       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  1           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by ubitux):

 Replying to [comment:5 richardpl]:
 > It should be possible to write separate gifs for each frame with image2
 muxer if there is some way to signal such request to gif encoder.

 Likely simpler to update image2 to support basic GIF muxing.

 Note that I didn't bother doing this since I still wonder what is the
 motivation behind such usage...

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2936#comment:6>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>