[FFmpeg-trac] #3528(undetermined:new): Ffmpeg does not maintain or store the aspect ratio with WMV2 and libxvid codecs

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Apr 4 19:01:13 CEST 2014

#3528: Ffmpeg does not maintain or store the aspect ratio with WMV2 and libxvid
codecs
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by ramitbhalla):

 Now that you bring it up I did it and yes the same issue with mpeg4 codec
 as well. Infact I tried a few more combinations, mpeg4, libxvid and wmv2.
 Then I tried AVI, WMV and MP4 containers.

 Interestingly both AVI and WMV containers have the same issue however if I
 put it into a MP4 container it works fine.

 So the issue is with the AVI and WMV containers not keeping the aspect
 ratio. So that narrows it down (and probably the title needs to be
 corrected). Any idea why?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3528#comment:3>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>