[FFmpeg-trac] #3256(avformat:closed): FFMPEG SVQ3 Matroska remux produces unplayable output (FFPlay don't want to play SVQ3 MKV output)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Apr 16 17:36:14 CEST 2014

#3256: FFMPEG SVQ3 Matroska remux produces unplayable output (FFPlay don't want to
play SVQ3 MKV output)
             Reporter:  Vika         |                    Owner:
  Apelsinova                         |                   Status:  closed
                 Type:  defect       |                Component:  avformat
  regression                         |
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  1            |

Comment (by Vika Apelsinova):

 Replying to [comment:16 michael]:
 > Replying to [comment:15 michael]:
 > > Replying to [comment:9 Vika Apelsinova]:
 > > >
 > > > Why only video?
 > >
 > > Which tool or player can play the audio ?
 > > If nothing can play it, then most likely the issue is with the file

 Yes, it's the issue with the file. QDM2 audio in files generated by
 mkvtoolnix-6.6.0 are broken (this bug was fixed in mkvtoolnix-6.7.0). You
 don't have to fix FFMPEG for them.

 > and if i understood correctly the spec did not list A_QUICKTIME either.

 Please look at http://matroska.org/technical/specs/codecid/index.html.
 A_QUICKTIME/**** Codec ID is deprecated in favor of A_QUICKTIME (without a
 trailing codec name).

 VLC does not support neither Matroska A_QUICKTIME nor A_QUICKTIME/****
 Codec IDs at all. I've opened https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/11038
 for this issue.

 > please lets move qdm2 to a seperate ticket

 OK, I'll open new ticket for using A_QUICKTIME instead of deprecated
 A_QUICKTIME/**** Codec IDs, when
 https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/11038 is closed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3256#comment:17>