[FFmpeg-trac] #3649(avutil:new): Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU doesn't support

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jun 18 06:39:45 CEST 2014

#3649: Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU
doesn't support
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  bmitchel       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect         |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:                 |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0              |
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by bmitchel):

 I ended up getting the latest version of ffmpeg from GIT.

 It was configured using the flags:
 --disable-protocol=udp --disable-encoder=nellymoser --cc=cc --cxx=CC
 --disable-doc

 I had to make a couple of changes to get this working on Solaris:
 1) version.sh I had to change the shell to /bin/bash (could just be
 something with my environment)
 2) I had to change line 205 of libswscale/x86/swscale.c to remove the
 "return" from a void function, as it appears the Oracle compiler doesn't
 like this.

 After that did compile however, still having an issue with the linked
 executable containing an instruction set that isn't supported by the CPU.

 ld.so.1: test.i386: fatal: test.i386: hardware capability (CA_SUNW_HW_1)
 unsupported: 0x100  [ AMD_3DNow ]
 Killed

 The ffmpeg executable linked with the Oracle C compiler doesn't appear to
 have this same issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3649#comment:10>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>