[FFmpeg-trac] #3723(undetermined:new): aac copy issue with -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc when container is not flv, m4a, mov or mp4

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jun 18 12:05:06 CEST 2014

#3723: aac copy issue with -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc when container is not flv, m4a,
mov or mp4
             Reporter:  feelart      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:6 feelart]:
 > >It is possible that this specific issue - avi
 > It is not at all specific to avi, it is also for ac3

 Please explain why putting aac into an ac3 container should produce a
 working file (one that has anything to do with ac3)?

 > eac3

 Same: How can putting aac into eac3 produce anything useful (related to
 eac3)?

 > It applies to ALL CONTAINERS to the exception of: m4a, flv mp4, mov.

 Yes: You request to output an invalid file and FFmpeg outputs an invalid
 file.
 I don't think it will be possible to avoid all cases, we do try to avoid
 the obvious and hard-to-guess cases, but specifying a bitstream filter on
 the command line and expecting FFmpeg to know that the bitstream filter
 should not be used is asking too much imo.

 Or in other words: You will always find command lines that produce invalid
 output files.

 > As there is already some IF clause to test for [m4a, flv mp4, mov], all
 I request is some ELSE clause.

 No such if exists where the else clause would help with your issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3723#comment:7>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>