[FFmpeg-trac] #3444(ffmpeg:new): -r not setting frame rate. -vf fps=25 takes 10 times longer to created video.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Mar 7 15:35:46 CET 2014

#3444: -r not setting frame rate. -vf fps=25 takes 10 times longer to created
video.
             Reporter:  JoeJohnson   |                     Type:  task
  -r                                 |               Blocked By:
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
 Summary of the bug:
 I am attempting create a working video that just displays picture after
 picture.  Output frame rate seems that it can only be set with the -vf
 command, but is entirely too processor intensive.  My problem is that if I
 use the -vf command the PC becomes 100% utilized for a very long time.

 How to reproduce:
 Creates working video at over 10 times the CPU cost:
 ffmpeg.exe -r 1 -i Untitled_%09d.png -vf fps=25 -c h264 h264.avi
 Creates video quickly (Only LAV seems to play the video.  VLC and other
 players must be able to view the videos.)
 ffmpeg.exe -r 1 -i Untitled_%09d.png -c h264 h264.avi

 Any assistance will be much appreciated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3444>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>