[FFmpeg-trac] #3256(avformat:open): FFMPEG SVQ3 Matroska remux produces unplayable output (FFPlay don't want to play SVQ3 MKV output)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Mar 17 01:40:36 CET 2014

#3256: FFMPEG SVQ3 Matroska remux produces unplayable output (FFPlay don't want to
play SVQ3 MKV output)
             Reporter:  Vika         |                    Owner:
  Apelsinova                         |                   Status:  open
                 Type:  defect       |                Component:  avformat
  regression                         |
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  1            |

Comment (by michael):

 Replying to [comment:9 Vika Apelsinova]:
 > > ffplay can now play the video from output-mkvtoolnix-6.6.0.mkv
 >
 > Why only video?

 Which tool or player can play the audio ?
 If nothing can play it, then most likely the issue is with the file

 > Ok, everything is clear with FFPlay (decoding). What with encoding?
 >
 > The output file is still invalid?
 >

 > Why FFMPEG's output uses deprecated "A_QUICKTIME/QDM2" as Audio Codec ID
 insted of just "A_QUICKTIME" like mosu wrote?

 Which application/player supports A_QUICKTIME?
 mosu said vlc does not and if i understood correctly the spec did not list
 A_QUICKTIME either.
 FFmpeg should create files that can be played by most
 players/applications. We also should conform to the spec. If from 2
 revissions of the spec one works with many players and one with few, we
 should prefer the one that works with many.
 Dont hesitate to correct me if one of my assumtations is wrong

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3256#comment:15>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>