[FFmpeg-trac] #4766(ffplay:new): Regression: Viewing avisynth files in ffplay is extremely laggy (A/V desync)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Aug 9 16:01:13 CEST 2015

#4766: Regression: Viewing avisynth files in ffplay is extremely laggy (A/V
desync)
--------------------------------+--------------------------------------
             Reporter:  nixx    |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:          |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0       |
--------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 I have been using ffplay to preview Avisynth scripts before and it has
 worked reasonable well for a while, but I recently updated my ffmpeg
 executables and now the playback is extremely laggy, but '''only when the
 script has audio'''.

 However, if I use
 {{{
 ffmpeg -f avisynth -i test.avs -c copy test.avi
 }}}
 and play the avi file, there is no lag whatsoever.

 Even an extremely simple script like
 {{{
 DirectShowSource("test.mp4")
 }}}
 exhibits this behavior.

 To reproduce, install Avisynth
 (http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page#Official_builds, make sure you
 install the same arch as your ffmpeg executables) and run
 {{{
 ffplay -f avisynth test.avs
 }}}

 Like I said, any avs script has this issue, but I will attach a test file
 nonetheless.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4766>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>