[FFmpeg-trac] #4774(avformat:new): Incompatibilities between XBMC/Kodi & mkvalidator relating to how FFmpeg muxes MKVs

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Aug 26 16:19:24 CEST 2015

#4774: Incompatibilities between XBMC/Kodi & mkvalidator relating to how FFmpeg
muxes MKVs
             Reporter:  Drag0nFly    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by gjdfgh):

 I've checked the cue relative position elements, just in case kodi reads
 them. The code for them looks correct, and should be the same as mkvmerge
 produces.

 We suspect that the order of cues is giving kodi problems, however
 Matroska gives no guarantee how cues are sorted. (Even if this mkvalidator
 things complains, it's ok.)

 >I am however getting mildy amused at the lack of willingness to solve
 what is, frankly, a mess with the mkv muxer in FFmpeg.

 But you don't blame the kodi devs for not caring at all?

 >Nevertheless, I am done wasting my time and have adapted my scripts to
 use HandbrakeCLI instead.

 HandbrakeCLI uses exactly the same code for muxing as ffmpeg does
 (libavformat). But at least you told us that we suck.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4774#comment:33>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>