[FFmpeg-trac] #3823(avformat:closed): RTP encoding of MJPEG from Trendnet TV-IP651WI (IP cam) gives undecodable stream

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Dec 2 14:26:56 CET 2015

#3823: RTP encoding of MJPEG from Trendnet TV-IP651WI (IP cam) gives undecodable
stream
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  Krieger     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by andrey.utkin):

 Replying to [comment:14 cehoyos]:
 > Replying to [comment:13 andrey.utkin]:
 > > Is your own 422.jpg attachment intended to fail RTP encoding?
 >
 > When I attached it, I had not realized the need to provide standard
 huffman tables for jpeg-over-rtp and the check in FFmpeg had not existed
 yet. The existing check is too strict and has to be improved.

 Could you please point what has to be improved and where in code?
 Or would you consider to fix this soon for a donation? YUV422P became
 quite common for MJPEG streaming, so it is important (for our use case) to
 support it. You can find a load of YUV422P MJPEG streams here:
 http://www.mjpeg.net/

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3823#comment:15>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>