[FFmpeg-trac] #5071(avformat:reopened): FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in Matroska

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Dec 7 04:34:37 CET 2015

#5071: FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in
Matroska
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  matsp888    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by matsp888):

 RICON, mkvmerge does NOT lose any information, as I said before.
 Everything in the 'stsd' atom is in the Matroska file created by mkvmerge.
 But FFmpeg doesn't use the default Macintosh palette as it should, when
 processing Apple Graphics without a palette in the 'stsd' atom. It DOES
 use a palette when playing the original QuickTime file. I have looked at
 the source code in matroskadec.c, and there is not mention of using any
 palette whatsoever. Thanks for finally taking care of it anyway, RICON.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5071#comment:38>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>