[FFmpeg-trac] #4591(avformat:new): attachments mjpeg are discovered wrongly as video stream and therefore h264 encoding is broken

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jun 4 08:43:31 CEST 2015

#4591: attachments mjpeg are discovered wrongly as video stream and therefore h264
encoding is broken
             Reporter:  TheoMeister  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by TheoMeister):

 mediainfo detects the jpegs correctly as attachment consisting of
 cover.jpg / small_cover.jpg / cover_land.jpg / small_cover_land.jpg
 whereas ffmpeg detects them as video stream which seams to be wrong to me,
 because it's not a video but a image attachment.

 Anyway: I want ffmpeg to encode video stream 0:1 and copy all the other
 streams. How can I tell ffmpeg to do so all at the same time? Or maybe I
 want to ignore some existing streams completely? I don't know of any other
 option than -map to select streams.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4591#comment:2>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>