[FFmpeg-trac] #977(ffmpeg:open): stream copy duration does not match the one specified by -t when -ss is used

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Nov 22 12:56:39 CET 2015

#977: stream copy duration does not match the one specified by -t when -ss is
used
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  overclokkato  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect        |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:                |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0             |
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by LiuYan):

 I have a similar issue, I don't know if they are same bug:
 I want to strip only audio from a video file, so I issued
 {{{
 ffmpeg -report -y -ss '00:05:52.5' -t '30.1' -i '犯罪心理
 .Criminal.Minds.S11E01.中英字幕.HDTVrip.1024X576.mp4'   -vn   -c:a copy
 'CriminalMinds-start.m4a'
 }}}

 The expected duration of output audio file is 30.1 seconds, but the real
 duration of output file is 06:22.60
 {{{
 size=    6058kB time=00:06:22.60 bitrate= 129.7kbits/s
 }}}
 '''It looks like the actual duration of output file is ${start position in
 time lengty}(-ss) + ${duration}(-t)'''

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/977#comment:8>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>