[FFmpeg-trac] #4820(avformat:open): Converting a H264 MXF to a H264 MOV with "-vcodec copy" results in mov unreadable by QuickTime

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Sep 2 12:32:51 CEST 2015

#4820: Converting a H264 MXF to a H264 MOV with "-vcodec copy" results in mov
unreadable by QuickTime
             Reporter:  Arnaud       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:8 Arnaud]:
 > Sorry for being a bit harsh:

 Don't worry, we are used to it;-)

 > I didn't understand what you meant, and as I was just trying to honestly
 help, I didn't mean to be rude in any way.
 > As you didn't mentionned anything in your comment, I didn't paid
 attention to the log file.

 I did mention that I disagree with your assumption that I am able to
 reproduce the issue. But even if not, why should I have posted your
 (exact) command line with the actual console output (that differs from the
 one you posted)?

 > I didn't realized this might have some importance, but indeed we use a
 slightly modified version to support h264 into MXF (the patch file is
 automatically applied, so I forgot about it).

 You didn't remember it when I told you that you have local patches
 applied?
 Sorry that you found my original comment rude, this forgetfulness was
 exactly what I meant.

 > Actually, I'm not sure if this conforms to the spec or not...

 Imo, this makes no big difference for a decoding issue.

 > I will attach it.

 Thank you. Ideally you would send a patch (only the mxf.c part) made with
 {{{git format-patch}}} to the development mailing list.
 Can you make the dvvideo sample available?

 > I guess the important part is the "AV_CODEC_ID_H264 /* H264 Frame
 wrapped */" in mxfdec.c

 I sent a different patch yesterday that I believe is slightly cleaner, but
 it's up to the maintainer to decide.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4820#comment:9>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>