[FFmpeg-trac] #5473(avcodec:reopened): Can't build 3.0.1 (32bit on 64bit): configure links against openjpeg2 even if 32bit library not installed (was: Can't build 3.0.1: libavcodec.so: undefined reference to `opj_stream_default_create')

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Apr 25 18:56:01 CEST 2016

#5473: Can't build 3.0.1 (32bit on 64bit): configure links against openjpeg2 even
if 32bit library not installed
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  Oxalin       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by Oxalin):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 cehoyos]:
 > Replying to [ticket:5473 Oxalin]:
 > > Building against lib32-openjpeg 1.5.2. All the undefined references
 seem related OpenJPEG 2.0.X (functions undefined under 1.5.2 but
 introduced under 2.X)

 > This indicates that the versions of your instealled header and your
 installed library are different, I just tested compilation with openjpeg
 1.5.2 and it works fine here.

 > If you believe there is a bug that can be fixed in FFmpeg, please test
 current FFmpeg git head with a minimal configure line, run {{{make}}}
 several times and provide the complete, uncut console output of an
 additional {{{make V=1 ffmpeg}}} run.
 > You can get installation support on the user mailing list.

 The ticket may have been closed a bit early. The problem seems to be
 related on how the library is being detected. I have the following
 installed:
 openjpeg2 library (64 bit + headers)
 openjpeg 1.5 (64 bit + headers)
 openjpeg 1.5 (32 bit + headers provided by the 64 bit package)

 The configuration should be able to detect that the openjpeg2 library (32
 bit) is not available, even if the headers are available from the 64 bit
 version (and then move to testing version 1.5). 64 bit packages are always
 required by the 32 bit packages because of it is the 64 bit package that
 contains the header files. They are installed under /usr/include.

 By the way, I use the following (as does the PKGBUILD) before calling
 "configure".
 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/lib32/pkgconfig"

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5473#comment:2>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>