[FFmpeg-trac] #5240(avcodec:reopened): opus encoded audio loses information about the original sample rate (unlike opusenc)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Feb 17 17:59:56 CET 2016

#5240: opus encoded audio loses information about the original sample rate (unlike
opusenc)
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  redneb      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by redneb):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 Sorry, but I think you misunderstood my report. I fully understand how
 opus works vis-à-vis the limited number of sample rates that it supports.
 My report is not about that. It's merely about storing the original sample
 rate as ''metadata'' in the resulting file. It seems that it's possible,
 `opusenc` does it. Please reread my initial post.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5240#comment:5>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>