[FFmpeg-trac] #5565(avformat:open): Reading some tiff images fails with "max resync size reached, could not find sync byte" error

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue May 17 13:54:04 CEST 2016

#5565: Reading some tiff images fails with "max resync size reached, could not
find sync byte" error
             Reporter:  Arnaud       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by Arnaud):

 Thanks a lot for the quick answer :)
 I wasn't able to exactly git revert commit
 296cd9c432775bbf57867fd76e8d2f505a512569 because that fails, but after
 reverting it manually, the tiff file is now working again.

 However I'm curious to know was is wrong here and how both bugs could be
 fixed (since obviously reverting the change will break again the
 problematic ts file).

 Maybe something like:
  return FFMAX(FFMAX((stat_all - 10*best_score)/10, 0), best_score -
 best_score2);

 may do the trick, but I'm not sure since I don't know exactly what this
 code is doing.

 At least it's working for my tiff file, but I haven't tested it with the
 ts file (not sure where to get it).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5565#comment:5>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>