[FFmpeg-trac] #6912(undetermined:closed): macOS - h264_videotoolbox encoder gives "No device available for encoder" warning

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Dec 12 21:24:25 EET 2017

#6912: macOS - h264_videotoolbox encoder gives "No device available for encoder"
warning
             Reporter:  alexpigment  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:2 alexpigment]:
 > I followed the pre-defined guide for logging this issue

 This does not sound correct to me.

 > and spent quite a bit of time narrowing down the issue for you.

 Experience shows that this is not a good idea: Either you understand the
 issue, in this case send a patch fixing the bug to the FFmpeg development
 mailing list, do not open a ticket. Or you are unable to fix the issue,
 then please provide (only) the necessary information, don't try to narrow
 down the issue.

 > I'm not sure why you would take the time to respond to me that my ticket
 is not valid, when you could have spent less time simply copying and
 pasting the code under "How to reproduce" and verified that all relevant
 details have been included.

 You forgot the tenth commandment...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6912#comment:5>