[FFmpeg-trac] #6111(avdevice:open): macOS AVFoundation screen capture looks awful but FaceTime HD Cam capture fine

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jan 30 23:39:38 EET 2017

#6111: macOS AVFoundation screen capture looks awful but FaceTime HD Cam capture
fine
             Reporter:  mixelpix     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |  thilo.borgmann
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by mixelpix):

 Not sure why `ffmpeg -f avfoundation -list_devices true -i ""` results in
 an i/o error? I did have an odd experience installing ffmpeg with Homebrew
 - perhaps this is related? I've documented it here:
 http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/270842/error-with-homebrew-
 install-of-ffmpeg-with-all-options

 Also, with the install there was a "caveat" message re: Homebrew's Python
 install while "Pouring" libcaca-0.99b19.sierra.bottle.1.tar.gz
 Does avfoundation make use of Python at runtime?

 Also, "Pouring" libsamplerate-0.1.9.sierra.bottle.tar.ga generated a
 caveat msg about needing libsndfile

 Thanks again!

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6111#comment:7>