[FFmpeg-trac] #6442(avcodec:closed): libavcodec shouldn't advertise hardware specific codecs on systems without such hardware

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Jun 4 12:40:42 EEST 2017

#6442: libavcodec shouldn't advertise hardware specific codecs on systems without
such hardware
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  plater       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by plater):

 I'm confused, what abuse of libavcodec's name are you referring to? If
 there is naming abuse I will fix it. Full build log for ffmpeg in
 question:
 https://build.opensuse.org/build/openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Update/standard/x86_64/ffmpeg.6675/_log
 I apologize for the second issue, I was merely asking for advice as to
 whether there was a relation between the two. Possibly another openSUSE
 maintainer was less than polite in the past?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6442#comment:2>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>