[FFmpeg-trac] #6260(avcodec:reopened): NVENC H.264 encoding causes aliasing / stair-stepping colors, worse on interlaced than progressive

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jun 21 11:14:21 EEST 2017

#6260: NVENC H.264 encoding causes aliasing / stair-stepping colors, worse on
interlaced than progressive
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  alexpigment  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  1            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by tbucher):

 I ran into the same issue with a build from a couple of weeks ago, haven't
 updated since to verify whether the mentioned fix has changed anything.

 At that time I found out that the aliasing artifacts manifest themselves
 while using nvenc with yuv420p colorspace, enforcing it to nv12 fixed it.

 Can you confirm that nv12 works properly for you as well? If yes, it might
 be a lead for developers to follow.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6260#comment:6>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>