[FFmpeg-trac] #6823(avcodec:new): Hardware encoded HEVC video on latest Mac through FFmpeg fails (videotoolbox)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Nov 9 09:52:55 EET 2017

#6823: Hardware encoded HEVC video on latest Mac through FFmpeg fails
(videotoolbox)
             Reporter:  AlexisMay    |                     Type:
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Platform : macOS 10.13
 Adding a hwenc requires an annoying number of small changes to some FFmpeg
 files, but main logic is in libavcodec/videotoolboxenc.c

 I was trying to use -c:v hevc_videotoolbox on my Kaby Lake Mac. Any
 suggestions to make it work out of the box?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6823>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>