[FFmpeg-trac] #6891(ffplay:new): FFplay: WASAPI can't initialize audio client (zeranoe's FFmpeg 3.4 MS Windows binaries)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Apr 24 10:53:46 EEST 2018

#6891: FFplay: WASAPI can't initialize audio client (zeranoe's FFmpeg 3.4 MS
Windows binaries)
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  unknown     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by t.rapp):

 Another SDL post related to the issue:
 https://discourse.libsdl.org/t/ffplay-not-work-with-sdl/23542

 When looking up the implementation of
 [http://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/bc2aba33ae1f/src/core/windows/SDL_windows.c#l60
 WIN_CoInitialize() in SDL code] some comment can be found:

 > If you need multi-threaded mode, call CoInitializeEx() before SDL_Init()

 So possibly this needs to be fixed on FFmpeg side by adding a call
 `CoInitializeEx(NULL, COINIT_MULTITHREADED)` at ffplay start-up.
 (Unfortunately my dev environment doesn't contain SDL2 for cross-
 compilation to Windows so I cannot test this).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6891#comment:9>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>